Sunday, April 13, 2008

Online Pregnancy Test



During my first months stay in America, I noticed that everywhere I went there were children. I thought it was positive fact, but I didn’t imagine that many of those children were the result from a high-school or first-year- college error or weakness.

At the time, I enjoyed seeing those kids around. They signified, I believed, that America was a young nation, and that it would always been a young nation due to its human force’s recycling. I didn’t know anything about “teen pregnancy” until I realized that many of those children were born from children. Until then, I never knew anyone who actually had a baby when he or she was still a teen. Then I heard about twelve-year-old women who got pregnant… what? Twelve years old? I thought my narrator was kidding, I didn’t believe her. I thought she wanted only to shock me. With the time, I understood she wasn’t kidding at all and that teen pregnancy is a real thing.

Browsing the Net, I found this web site. It seems to help potential pregnant girls understanding if they are expectant or not. It is called “on-line pregnancy test”, and, of course, it is not a real test, but it may help with counting the days, etc. “If you are 13 year old or younger, click here,” the main page says. I hit it. A new screen asked for a name and an email address, so that someone could stay in touch with the person who clicked the link.

Women don’t get pregnant only thinking about sex/love, they actually do need to have sex/love – well, it is not always the case because of the scientific progress in matter of fecundity but, authentically, women need to have sex in order to get pregnant. Now, what sex may be for a 12 or 13 years old woman (I consider her a woman, at least physically, if she longs for sex)? Why do kids need to have sex? Why do need to rush their first time? They should wait for the right time – in this case “right time” is not a fallacy –not only because it is important to find the right person (at least for the first time!), but because one need a certain maturity to practice sex.

Sex may be OK (it is OK! and always take precaution), but wait a few more years. For god’s sake, teens, you have all the time in the world!

No comments: