Monday, March 17, 2008

Playhouse Disney Live is Coming to Town


That’s true! Kids of all age be prepared: Mickey Mouse and pals will be at German Arena on March 22. My almost-three-year-old is packing her things…

Disney is an American hallmark that always fascinated me. When you go to the theme parks, don’t you feel you are the luckiest person in the world? Don’t you feel that Cinderella and pals are waiting for you (and only for you) to take you in a magical realm in spite of the horror that surrounds human life? When they parade, smiling and waving, don’t you feel they are smiling and waving at you? Don’t you want to burst into tears because of that joy? Don’t you want to live that magical world, and wear Cinderella’s shoes, and buy tons of other shoes – at least virtually – for all the kids in the world who don’t even know what Disney is? Don’t you think of those kids also? Don’t you feel guilty because you have what some children cannot even dream about? Don’t you wish your dreams – sooner or later – would come true?

“Come on, mommy, I don’t want to be late,” my daughter says. I follow her. I armed with my cameras. My daugheter stops. She takes my hand. She throws beams of life. I tune my heart. I am ready to go…

No comments: